Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Depressing Fact #47 About Getting Older.

I can no longer "party like a rock star." As I quickly learned this weekend after I attended a bachelorette party in Vegas. I knew my soon to be sister in law's "last wild weekend before she ties the knot" event would be a blast. A weekend away with just the girls. No kids and no husband. What wouldn't be fun about that?

I knew there would be some drinking and partying involved, um hello it was a bachelorette party after all. I just didn't realize how much. At first we were told Friday was a free for all, do your own thing. Saturday we would be lounging by the pool and then Saturday was when the real partying was to start.

Turned out plans changed a little and we partied like crazy on Friday night and we were to continue the same type of partying on Saturday night. I was just not up for that. I had a great time on Friday night, but my body can only take so much drinking, dancing (especially in heels) and staying up until 3:30am.

Saturday I was not feeling so hot. Getting out of bed was torture. My head hurt, but not because I was hungover. No, I decided it was because the music was so loud in the club (I know I'm such an old lady). My whole body ached from busting out my kick ass dance moves and my feet killed from trampling around Vegas in my new red heels.

So when I heard we were doing the same thing on Saturday night I was not too excited. I just don't know when I became so old! There was a time when I could stay up partying all night, get up for a 7am class hungover (or still drunk) and be able to somewhat function.

One day I was a cool college kid then the next day I woke up and I'm a cranky old lady. Next I'm going to be yelling at the neighborhood kids to turn their music down and to stay off my lawn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! Oh, I SO feel ya on this, my friend. I SO do. Though Vegas right now sounds a little tempting. ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I'm so pathetic that when my friends invited me to go out tomorrow night, I asked D.Jones to drop me off so I have an excuse to leave early and can tell them he needs to pick me up at a certain time. OMG. So sad.

Alicia said...

I already tell people to turn down their music, and those damn kids WON'T stay off my lawn! And when they ring the doorbell and run away, I LOVE that.

I am a cranky old lady.

And your post gave me a panic attack. I wouldn't even want to do that for one night let alone two. Eek.

Jess said...

LMAO! You're not even 30 yet, you can't be a cranky old lady! But, I know what you mean. I have tried to stay out and dance my ass off until the wee hours of the morning. My body protests, LOUDLY, when I do :)

Oh well, we can;'t be young forever.