Monday, December 19, 2011

Diarrhea of the Brain

It's been a little bit since I last posted, so please bear with me while I purge the contents of my brain.

~15 days ago I found my first gray hair. I'll be damned if I was going to let that bastard continue to take up residence on my lovely head, so I plucked it. Then, I went and hunted down my children, waved the hair in their face and told them they were turning me into an old lady. I do feel that there is something cosmically wrong if I'm getting gray hair and yet, I still get acne. One or the other universe, one or the other.

~The same night as the gray hair disaster we decorated our Christmas Tree. We had a great time. We listened to music, the kids had hot chocolate and I of course had wine. Then, we decided to let the dogs in. Dexter, for whatever reason, decided to run under the tree and wreak havoc. We all stood in horror as the whole thing crashed to the ground. Broken ornaments were everywhere and two kids were screaming and crying, "This is the worst Christmas ever!" They even put Dexter on the naughty list.




~Two days before we were set to take pictures for our Christmas card Dylan got kicked in the eye at school. For whatever reason she was standing in front of the swings, not paying attention and BAM! A shiner that lasted a week. Luckily I had a brain storm while in the shower (where all the best ideas are hatched) and came up with an amazing card idea.


~I can't wait for Christmas to be over. I'm so sick of all of the idiots that are out and about. They drive like morons, are totally oblivious to everyone else in stores and they are total assholes to the retail clerks for no reason. If I see one more cart parked drunkenly in the middle of an aisle, while some jackass is looking at the shelf, I'm going to take a running start and slam right into their cart then just keep on walking.

~Justin had his Christmas Program the other night, he was not a fan. He sure looked adorable though.


~In closing, I have to actually give myself a compliment for once. I know, it's very rare and I don't expect it to happen again for awhile. I have found that I am actually very crafty. I saw a towel rack on Pinterest and decided I was going to create a key/coat rack by my front door. It took a lot longer than I thought it would.


The morning after I drew and then traced the tree the neighbor boy, who always comes to bum a ride, insulted my tree, "It looks crooked." Little jerk. Next came the taping followed by painting of said tree.


The finished product!



I've also been baking and cooking up a storm. I think my body has been taken over by Pod People.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Christmas. Cheers!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

lol, Justin looks so unhappy in that picture! He doesn't really like singing and performing?

I dig your tree (not the Dexter fiasco tree, your crafty tree)! It looks awesome!