Monday, February 28, 2011

A Little Help Here!

Would somebody out there be kind enough to clear a few things up for me?

Why is it that I can gain control of twelve 4 - 5 year olds every single day without even breaking a sweat? Yet, when it comes to my own kids, they have me ready to rip my hair out by its roots within five minutes of being home from work?

Why is it that parents come to me for advice about their child's behavior and yet at my house it's like a major coup is in the works.

Why is it my children are perfect, absolute angels at school (I almost screwed up and put in public there, but we all know that's not even close to accurate) and act like demons at home?

Why do I lose my patience so goddamned quickly, yell at them and then feel terrible for having to be the enforcer?

Why, why, why?

1 comment:

Jess said...

It's one of life's great mysteries. If you figure it out, will you let me know? My kids are the same way, perfect at school, awful at home. I don't get it but I feel for you!