Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Reasons...

Reason number 5 why I should win the mother of the year award:

I not only made dinner for my family last night, but I also served dinner to furry animal guests as well. Joining us for a delicious dinner were; Buttercup the Ladybug, Princess Baby, Spike the Dog, Brownie the Dog and Robot Dog. Each had their own dinner plate to suit their particular size, along with a beverage of their choice. I even picked the tomatoes out of Robot Dog's pasta because according to Justin, "He's allergic." Princess Baby tried to steal some of Mama's wine but that just wasn't happening.

I got up at least 50 times during dinner to keep the dinner "guests" happy. Then of course when our dinner party was over I had to do five times the dishes. Freaking ungrateful dinner guests. Not even one of them offered to help with the dishes...jerks.

Along with the good of course comes the bad. Here is reason number 567 why I won't be receiving the mother of the year award:

My children can recognize Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back in about two notes. They go crazy, start jumping around yelling how much they like big butts and fall on the floor in fits of laughter. Yep, that's right. Nothing but class over here.

2 comments:

StaceyBGood said...

There are many many reasons you should win Mother of the Year, My Dear! =)

Jess said...

Well, you certainly deserve the award more than I do! I would not have had the patients to have such a dinner party. In my book, you are a SAINT!

As for this crap about you being bad because your kids know Baby's Got Back....Aiden dances around here like an exotic dancer and says he's going to be a Chippendale (yeah, we can thank my mom for teaching him that)