Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Monday

6:00am this morning I hear blood curdling screams coming from outside. After watching The Walking Dead last night, that is not exactly a good wake up call. I jumped up thinking the zombie apocalypse was upon us. I go over to the window, take a look outside, fingers crossed I don't see zombies stumbling up and down the street. Instead of zombies I see lights blazing like the 4th of July in the house across the street. The screams were coming from their precious children as the chased each other around the house trying to beat each other to a pulp (I'm just guessing). I then hear more screams, this time from the mother "you two knock that shit off!" Way to go lady, next time your devil children are going to raise hell before the sun comes up you might want to make sure your windows are closed first. Mental note, no play dates with that family.

Although, I have to thank them for the early morning shenanigans, this now means my family is not the most obnoxious one on the block, for that I thank them.

While the human folk in our house may have been spared the "Most Obnoxious Award," my dog clearly has won that title hands down. Yesterday afternoon Dexter was barking once again, and I stuck my head out the door to get him to shut up. Justin came running up to me and said, "those kids who went by on their bikes just said 'stop barking Dexter!' It was so funny mommy, how do they know Dexter's name?"

Well Justin that is because Dexter doesn't have a brain in his head and I probably yell at him close to 5 billion times a day to stop barking. I don't know, just a thought.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I like the new blog look, Jenni!

I am notorious for only really yelling at Ellie when the windows are freakin open. My neighbors must think I'm insane.