Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Proud Mama

I opened my email today and noticed I had received one from Dylan's first grade teacher. This is what it said:

I just wanted to let you know that I've chosen Dylan to be my Student of the week for this week. I know she was already honored as Student of the Month earlier in the year, but she continues to do such a great job and she really deserves to be recognized again. It's supposed to be a surprise, so please don't tell Dylan, but I wanted to let you know in advance in case someone from your family was able to come to our flag assembly this Friday morning and wanted to bring a camera. Congratulations on raising such a remarkable little girl!

Mrs. S


My eyes welled up with tears. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of my little girl. Of course I think she's amazing, but to hear somebody else (who doesn't have to say those things) have such praise for her melts my heart.

My heart grew three sizes today. I'm so proud of this girl:

3 comments:

StaceyBGood said...

What a wonderful little gift that teacher sent you! Dylan IS a pretty remarkable little person. She didn't get that way by accident My Dear... she has really good genes and an amazing Mommy just for starters.

Yay Dylan!! You go rock that Flag Ceremony!

Jess said...

That is amazing! You should print out that letter and save it for her. You are an incredible mother and it shows in your kiddos!

Alicia said...

Not only do you obviously have a very amazing little girl, but she has a pretty fantastic teacher too. Congrats to Dylan!