Monday, August 6, 2007

This kid rocks!

It's official, my daughter officially rocks. We were in the car driving back from the store on Saturday. Bryan and I were talking when suddenly Dylan pipes up from the back seat: "Mommy I love this song!" I just figure it's the Maroon 5 song that's on the radio every 10 minutes or the "Hey there Delilah" song that she likes to sing.

But to my surprise it's neither of those songs. It's the Beastie Boys' song (You Gotta) Fight for your Right (to Party). "When has she ever heard this song before?" Bryan asked me as Dylan is rockin' out in the back seat.

By the time the song is over you hear a steady stream of "Paaarrrrrrty," coming from her. No Kidz Bop for this family thank you, we'll stick to the hip happening tunes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!
Just wait until they reach the ages of 10. 13, and 18! Their choice in music will really scare you, some of those songs my kids insist on listening to are way wild, but my favorites are what you had mentioned, Hey there Delilah, still a fav of mine, and She will be loved!

Have a great week, I'm leaving tomorrow by the way How do you get on the Maya's Mom Blogroll??