Monday, September 10, 2007

I've lost that cool feeling.

Saturday night Bryan and I went to a movie. That's right an actual movie with a plot and no animated characters. I wanted to see 3:10 to Yuma, but Bryan didn't want to watch me drooling over Christian Bale on our date, which is understandable. So the one movie we both sort of wanted to see was Superbad. We had heard it was really funny and Seth Rogan from Knocked Up was in it and he also wrote it, so I thought we'd picked a winner.

Actually I wasn't too impressed with this movie there were a few funny parts where I laughed out loud, but I was pretty much bored through the whole thing. Bryan and I were talking about the movie and looked around at the people in our theater and we were surrounded by high school and college students. We were probably the oldest people in the theater!

On a quick side note: are you people that freaking important that you have to text message your little friends throughout the WHOLE FREAKING MOVIE?! Cut the cord all ready chick, you can text your friends in an hour and a half. Okay note over.

Some people were saying this movie was the best teen film since American Pie. I'm sorry American Pie blows this movie out of the water (it's probably better than the 3rd American Pie though). While leaving Saturday night I came to a realization about myself. The whole "Letsget drunk and see if we can get laid" plot just isn't funny to me anymore. I asked Bryan if that make us officially old and uncool. He said "No it just means we have a sophisticated sense of humor now."

Bryan: "Crap I've got a message from 'S', he wants us to come over and have some drinks."
Me: "Well what time is it?"
Bryan: "Just after 10."
Me: "Uhh (while rolling my eyes), lets just go home."

Now that makes us officially old and uncool!

3 comments:

ShannanB said...

My DH and I too recently had date night and opted to see Superbad. I thought it was awful and found my mind wandering the entire time. Does it make me old (Im 31) that I thought it would have been better without all the swearing?

We still had fun but I wish the movie would have been better.

ShannanB said...

ps. I just wanted to let you know that I've linked to your blog.

Shannan
aka NKYGAL on MM

Anonymous said...

I thought "Knocked Up" was the funniest movie I have ever seen, but "Superbad" looks like a one-joke movie to me. We did rent "Blades of Glory" the other night, that was pretty funny!

Oh, and I remember being 20, 21, and 10:00 p.m. being when the partying STARTED. Now I can't imagine wanting to start having drinks that late! I am also very, very old and uncool :)