Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boys

Is it just ingrained in his genetic makeup already or what? My precious baby boy has turned into my disgusting little boy. I mean come on, I thought I had another year or so at least before he turned into an official card carrying cootie filled member of the boys club.

When I feed him he spits his food back at me and laughs, he'll even spit at me when I tell him not to do something. Evidently the purpose of food is not to nourish, but to see how far it can be thrown, to see how long it takes for mom to notice that noodle stuck to the wall behind the high chair, or to be used as face paint. The funniest thing is that after he eats he'll lay on the floor and pat his belly. I'm just waiting for the day he's sitting on the couch with the remote in hand and the other hand down his pants just like Al Bundy.

Not only is there the food but he learned from a very young age (in utero actually) what to do when he's bored, not bored or to kill a minute or two. That's right his teeny weenie is there for his entertainment. When I actually went for an ultrasound when I was about 5 months pregnant the ultrasound tech had a tough time trying to determine if he was a boy or a girl because he was busy playing with his teeny weenie. I had to roll onto my side while the tech pushed on the side of my stomach to get him to move his hand! And it hasn't stopped since, guess where his hand goes as soon as his diaper comes off and in the bath he'll play with the washrag with one hand while the other is otherwise occupied. Okay it's not really that bad, I exaggerate a little, but it does happen!

I guess it's time to take a deep breath and prepare myself for days full of mud, bugs and cooties.

1 comment:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Ahhh, yes! The fun will begin shortly!!

Cute pic

Linda