Monday, July 2, 2007

I didn't think I looked that bad!

Last night after we took the kids to the park for some energy draining fun before bed, we stopped at the gas station to get gas in the car. In my house you can't get gas without getting a scratch-off lotto ticket. That day we had a $6 winner to redeem, so in I went to get more scratchers.
I was leaning over debating what scratchers I wanted to try my luck at this time, when over my shoulder I hear:
"You're seriously making me think about buying a lotto ticket now."
I turn around and kinda chuckle because it's one of the dumbest pickup lines I've ever heard in my life. The guy is okay looking, but a total Broseph (hubby & my little pet name for SoCal surfer boys). As a compeltly exhausted (feeling and looking) Mom the fact that somebody takes time out of their day to hit on me I think I should alert the media.
Anyways when I turn around and look at him he says "Well maybe not." And he diverts his eyes really quick.
I take my scratchers and sulk out of the store. I get back in the car and tell hubby; "I just got hit on by a total Broseph, and I'm pretty sure he took it back after he looked at me."
He laughed and told me "You look hot, like always." At that moment I was instantly transported back in time to when I was 13 years old. Braces, frizzy hair, twig thin in my high water jeans standing, in my best friends yard as the object of my affection laughs in my face and tells me I'm too dorky looking to be his girlfriend. Who knew at 27 I could still feel like my former dorky self all over again.
I didn't think I looked that bad, I was wearing my usual tank top & jeans with my hair in a ponytail. Well I didn't have any makeup on so that could have been what frightened him. Maybe it's time I re-think my fashion choices. On the other hand screw it...I challenge you Broseph to get up at 6:00 am with a screaming 10 month old and a 2 year old with a serious attitude problem, chase them around the house, and let us see how gorgeous you look at the end of the day.